What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
In simpler terms, personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What information do we hold?
We may collect and process any information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your:
- Job title
- Employer name
- Business address
- Telephone number and email address
Each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect any of the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may also receive information about you from third party services that we employ or connect with. These could include business partners, suppliers of technical and payment processing services, advertising networks, analytics and search information providers and credit reference agencies. We will take steps to ensure all our partners have their own privacy policies that are compatible with ours.
How do you use my personal data?
Under GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using your personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your client account.
- Supplying services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and post that you have agreed to receive (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by calling us/emailing/clicking on unsubscribe link on communications we send).
- Analysing your use of www.areoff.com and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve www.areoff.com and your user experience.
We may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We do not use automated decision-making methods.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary, and only for the reason for which it was first collected.
How and where do you store or transfer my personal data?
We use various systems including a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and a project management system. These ensure your data is protected and can only be accessed by a secure login
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
Where we transfer your data to a third party based in the US, this may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar to those in Europe. More information is available from the European Commission.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we follow a number of important steps, including the following:
- We only allow employees to access data via a password gateway
- We place strict controls on who within our company can access data records.
- We undergo training in order to ensure everyone understands data procedures.
Do you share my personal data?
We will not share any of your personal data.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
How can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to us by email or post.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We aim to respond to your subject access request within 14 days and, in any case, within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
This site does not currently store cookies on your computer.
For your convenience we have included links on this website to other sites that we believe you may find useful. These websites will each have their own privacy statement, which may differ from ours. Therefore please ensure, when you click on any of our links, that you read the privacy statement located on the website you have selected, as these websites are not within our control.
Your consent / information
By using this website, you are saying that you agree to the collection and use of any personal information sent to us, provided it is used as set out in this Policy.
Request our portfolio
for more examples of our work.
Please get in touch to chat about your project: firstname.lastname@example.org
or 07919 554592.